We love cool gadgets as much as anybody else. We just want to be thoughtful about the stuff we've bought. Even the most cutting-edge, tech-savvy geeks in the world are choosing to hang on to their phones or their iPods that still work just fine.
Why shouldn't I just buy the latest and greatest toys?
- Who wants to spend time figuring out how to use a new phone?
- Wasting money on a gadget I don't need just doesn't seem smart.
- Haven't yet figured out all the things my old iPod can do.
It's totally normal to lust after the hottest new geeky gadgets. It's also cool to put some thought into what we buy, and what we throw away. So this is a place to show the world that a lot of us are choosing to use Last Year's Model.
- Guys camping out for PS3s are definitely not having sex.
- Because I don't know what to do with all that damn packaging.
- To save the planet through consuming less!
Tell Your Story
If you've held on to Last Year's Model, tell your friends on your blog or Facebook or MySpace page, or tag your stories on Twitter or Flickr with #lastyears. You can also share your story right here in the comments.